Friday, February 27, 2009

Genevieve


My Genevieve.
Your eyes are deep chocolate pools, your smile sweet as nectar;
your laugh is infectious.
Little Mama, taking care of your baby brothers.
What does life have in store for you?
Will you travel the globe?
Make jewelry?
Have a garden?
Will you sit amongst great ones,
changing the world with your thoughts, your actions?
You are so creative; always drawing, singing, sewing, making.
You love to dance, love music.
You said you were out of breath but just couldn't stop your feet from dancing!
You are so loving, open, feeling, seeing, caring.
What will your hands do?
How should I prepare you? Am I worthy of the task I have taken; to raise a woman?
To teach you how much you are worth?
To teach you how to treat others, and how you deserve to be treated?
In your eyes I see your soul.
In your heart I see humanity.





No comments: